Thursday, December 22, 2011

SOS--Calling all Witches, and other YULE celebrators!!

I had a ritual planned for tonight that involved 8 white Tea lights INSIDE a yule log. The log, my hubs cut is too short and of course he is working today, so I have decided to use 2 green tapers (unless I am told otherwise) I have my Gold God candle and My Silver Goddess Candle, and my greens and holly, and yule log, pine cones and a picture of the Holly king and the Oak King as well as a print depicting the Winter Solstice Queen (or crone). I am planning on mulling wine, and having a cake of some sort...nothing fancy  to toast the dying and birthing kings, and the god and Goddess, and then leave some out for the animals and Fae.

I am a solitary, and will not be making a circle. I highly doubt hubs will join me, even though I have invited him to do so. I bought a simple ritual kit on Etsy, that has 2 chime candles one red one green, and incense, it also has 3 small pieces of parchment paper. It said it would have ritual ideas enclosed. it did not, it had YULE information. Which I already have.

I have held my own blessing rituals under the full moon, and I did my own thing for Samhain, but I was prepared and ready to go. 

We'll be getting my tapers after work (right around sun-down...so sadly they will be lit late) I am hoping someone of my lovely friends will step up and help me with a nice ritual, I do not mind it being a bit lengthy, but I do not have a LOT of supplies yet, so simple and easy is best. This is my first real Yule.

see something always goes wrong. damn.

I so hope I either find something on the net, or one of you lovelies come through for me :)

Love n Light,
Susan

4 comments:

Diandra said...

Wait, I am not quite sure what you are looking for... ideas for Yule celebration? It's a birthday, after all...

Toriz said...

My advice... Go with your gut!

Take a look at your tools and supplies, set them out however feels right, light the candles in the order that feels right to you, and say the blessing you planned to say. And if you feel you need to say more, say it.

There's no right or wrong way to do a ritual; unless you're working with a group and doing something messes things up for the rest of the group, which means you can improvise. As long as your intent is clear, I don't think the actual ritual really matters as such.

Kat of EmKatCreations said...

Send me your email and I will send you the pdf's of my Yule kits. I don't know that they're 100% what you need but they may give you a place to start.

EmKatCreations(at)gmail(dot) com

Salem Witch Child said...

I think your disorganization is a blessing in disguise. You need to learn to write your own and not rely on others. You have what you need. Your materials for ritual, and information on what the holiday is all about. Go from there.

Cast your circle, call your deities, welcome your ancestors, say whatever it is in your heart to say, light the yule log and say goodbye to ancestors, Deities, and close your circle.