Sunday, August 26, 2012

Robyn's Fetish Challenge #122...Anything but a card!

Happy Sunny Sunday all! I hope you are all enjoying the weather, the fresh fruits, and the fun times that summer brings!




This week at Robyn's Fetish, We're making 
ANYTHING BUT A CARD!

Robyn is the lovely sponsor this week and the winner will receive
3 Digital stamps from her store!



My image is called "Apple Cider"
This started out as a small plain white (with navy hing handle) plastic clipboard. The handle had some company's logo on it. I found it in a thrift store, still sealed in Plastic...for $0.25 :)
I printed "Apple Cider" from ROBYN'S FETISH Digital stamps and more on STAMPIN' UP's Ivory Naturals card stock, so it would be a bit darker (making the cider). I found 2 lovely images on the internet to use with it. I also found an apple coloring page, that I shrunk down, and printed out 14 of.
I covered the front of the clipboard with this REALLY ANCIENT paper, I have no clue who made it. it is like a beige net on a garden green bkgd. I colored the Apple cider and the mini apples with STAMPIN' UP markers, and then used a black sharpie to write the letter's on the apples...this is for my daughter. I cut out a piece of SU's real red card stock to cover the handle. and glued that down, then i cut all my images out. the apples were punched out with the mini circles punch by CREATIVE MEMORIES. Then I colored the bkgds. on those, with the same color as the 'cider'.
I glued everything in place, and coated it all with one coat of glossy MOD PODGE.

I am so annoyed...the red marker ran.  Only the red, why?
The clipboard is still nice, but it would have been so much better if the red didn't run.

I am going to put a few magnetic strips on the back, and give it one more coat of Mod Podge before giving it to my girl.



PLEASE come join us this week over at
with your NON-CARD Creations!!





entered in:

3 comments:

Edwina said...

Very pretty. Love the coloring of the image. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Anonymous said...

Oh this is superb Sue, I am loving this creation and the tiny details. great work my friend
hugs June x

Michelle said...

I really love this clipboard. It make a perfect project for the fall. Thanks for sharing with us.

Michelle (Design Team)