Friday, September 28, 2012

Challenge #10 at THE GAME...Four Squares-newly edited

Hello everyone, I am a day late posting my own post...I posted on THE GAME from my Mom's house after emailing her all our pics. LOL

Anyway...


FOUR SQUARES:

Create a 4 X 4 or other square size art with 4 squares on it, featuring at least 3 images. The fourth square can be another image or a quote something like that.  PLEASE go join us!
 ********************************
I made (making---as it is a WIP, almost done though)
a 12 x 12 Scrapbook page with 4 squares on it! 
The paper is "kraft resist" from Tim Holtz for RANGER. I used a handful of the TH Distress inks (I finally have them ALL, but not the re-inkers, yet) by RANGER to color the paper. I also used them on the card stock squares. Card stock is STAMPIN' UP.
The square with my kids on it, and the square with the moon and the witch hat, are both pockets, raised on foam tape. This is where I will put the journaling. The Moon Images are from RETRO CAFE ART GALLERY. the ribbon is from my stash, which was part of a de-stash purchase from someone else LOL.
I used a fine point sharpie to write.
"1999;  They are a long way from Goodnight Moon."
meaning my kids are growing up quick, LOL.

In this picture; April is 17, Tom is 13.5, and Amanda is 12.  Forgot to say...Tom is a Punk Rocker (dog collar and matching belt, are the real McCoy bought for him by me in Philly---I was still living on campus-he is also wearing mascara and black nail polish and lipstick...I think lipstick), Amanda is a hippie (I got that dress in a thrift store...hippie dress in beige with brown trim, I used one of my cool fabric paint dying techniques with blues and purples. She is wearing 2 different shell necklaces, a wire twisty choker, and has a painted peace sign on her cheek) April is a Cat...with a way skimpy mail ordered costume (she was living with her dad that year...I wouldn't have allowed this)

I do not plan on embellishing this page too much, as I like the words on the page, and I already covered up so many, I really hate the idea of covering more.

Thanks so much for visiting!

PLEASE join us at 
this challenge:
Four Squares

1 comment:

Chrislyn said...

What a cute scrapbooking page. Yes, we both did use moons--how funny--and I raised mine too, with dots, but the pocket idea is so cool! The kids look great!

Chrislyn