Sunday, September 23, 2012

HUBS & Robyn's Fetish challenge #126

Hi everyone and HAPPY, SUNNY SUNDAY!!
GREAT NEWS!...My Husband is home and has his new brace on his foot/lower leg. It makes a huge difference in his gait and balance...not fixed, but muchly improved. His stomach meds are doing their job also, and his glucose is somewhat behaving!!  Thanks soooo VERY much for all the well wishes!



This week over at
we are making
BOOKMARKS!
Our sponsor is
The winner will receive 
3 digi images of their choice.


Since Ron was still in the hospital I wanted something simple but yet NEW-TO-ME.
I decided on one of those great jumbo Paper-clip bookmarks!
My image is COCKATU- Jungle Friends!
The image is colored with PRISMACOLOR pencils and blending pencil. I used Stickles by RANGER on the leaves. I also used Liquid Pearls by RANGER around the scallops. The punch and card stock are both from STAMPIN' UP. The jumbo paper clips (3.5" long) are MAINSTAYS from Walmart.
I folded the card stock in half, and put it into the punch, with the fold just shy of the top scallops, and punched. that way the fold remained. I then attached my little Cockatu. I opened it up and laid a line of beacon's 3-in-1 glue around the outer edge and a blog in the middle. I put the top of the paper clip into this blob of glue and pressed down, all around the metal, and inside the loop also. I also pressed down along the edges all the way around, and did so for a few minutes. Once it seemed to be holding all over I laid it down and rubbed it real good both front and back, and then added the stickles and liquid pearls!
This is a great book mark!
Thanks for visiting :)




PLEASE join us this week at
with your own
BOOKMARK creations!!
AND
remember our sale!! 
details in the upper left of my blog!

4 comments:

XxJULESxX said...

Susan love the bookmark! im so glad your hubbie's home and wish him all the best!

Michelle said...

Hi Susan,
I love the clip you added your project to. i don't think I have seen a clip this big. I love the way this turned out. Thanks for sharing.

Michelle (Design Team Sis)

Chrislyn said...

Hi Susan,

First, I am sooo happy Ron is home and feeling better!!!
And I LOVE your bookmark! Of course you know I love the cockatoo. Great idea!

Chrislyn

Edwina said...

Love your bookmark. This was a great idea. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown