Thursday, October 18, 2012

I have gone...

A LITTLE BATTY!

Just sharing a little card, sharing some GOOD NEWS also!

First the card:
I made a 4.25" x 5.5"  black card that opens from the bottom, I printed out the digi image (Robyn's Fetish) to the 4.25" wide, trimmed it close, and glued it to the top of the card. I then cut along the bat's bottom trimmed lin e from the front pat of the card, and along most of the top leaving enough of the fold in the center. I then attached the printed paper from underneath just shy of the fold.
Card stock and markers: STAMPIN' UP
Border punch: E K SUCCESS
Printed paper: Authentique- "Glowing"
Misc: plastic Bat and spider rings that I cut the ring part off. Sakura glaze pen in black. Computer generated sentiment...the inside says "go a little batty!"

I went over all the lines of the bat with the glaze pen, generously. When dry I filled in the body with "Cajun Craze" the head with  "Dusty Durango" and the wings with "Early Espresso" the 2 orangey shades were the best match to the orange in the paper which is actually kind of a red-orange. I scanned the card, and for some reason it came out crooked, when it was definitely in the scanner straight. UGH!

(My monitor is on it's way out so my lighting is going to be off FOR ME for a while, so I hope I am not making it too bright for you to see it correctly)


entered in:
Dude Time Doodles ...October inspiration (Halloween)
Quoth The Raven ...anything goes!



The good news: The winner of My giveaway for "Le Mysterieux Carnival" was commentor #13; 
Ms. Misantropia!  CONGRATS!


8 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Such a fun Halloween card! Love how you made your own shaped card by following the wing outline. Great embellishments too. So glad you joined us for the Halloween challenge at Dude Time Doodles this week!

Dawn said...

What a cute card, I love the look on the bats face! Thanks so much for playing at Dude Time Doodles this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Tammy said...

Love the fun background and crazy bat! Thanks for joining this week's challenge at Dude Time Doodles!

nwilliams6 said...

Fun to read all the fun things you did to make this cool Halloween card. Love the bat and the papers. Thanks so much for joining us at Dude Time Doodles!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Great card, I like the fun bat and the spider,Thanks for joining in with us at Dudetime Doodles this week, Good Luck.
Kevin xx

Sharon said...

Great card!! Thanks for joining us at Dude Time Doodles!!

Tip Top said...

Great spooky creation! Thanks for entering the Dude Time Doodles Challenge - hope you can join us again next time! Dude Time Doodles

ike said...

That's a very cute batty - he made me smile :-)
Thank you for joining us at Quoth The Raven this time :-D x