Sunday, February 27, 2011

a quick post for a card

This card is for a challenge at the OWH blog--Stars and Stamps

The challenge was to add some paper flowers or other elements to a piece of card stock, and then emboss it.

The main part of the bird and the branches were attached before using the embossing folder.

Then I added the wing, sentiment and border, then attached it to the card, then I added the string beads and black rhinestones.

 I used glue lines under the string beads, so after a bit when I know they are really stuck on, I'll powder the part that shows, which should dull it down and it won't be shiny.
All Card Stock is Stampin' Up...Black, Sahara Sand and retired Mint Melody, Scalloped punch by EK Success, Border punch by EKSuccess, Bird combo punch by Stampin' Up, string beads...can't remember, black bling by My Minds Eye, embossing folder by Cuttlebug,
Ink- Memento Tuxedo Black

2 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Susan,
How exciting!!! Congratulations to you and to your winners...this is awesome!!! Your card is precious and I love that little birdie.
XO

airbornewife said...

awesome card! love the color combo.

thanks for sharing ~ Pam