Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's day to all...

Moms, soon-to-be-Moms, almost-like-a-Mom, Want-to-be-Moms, and Moms-to-fur babies!!!

My Dad is gone, but I am BLESSED to still have my Mom alive and doing pretty well. She is 84, has some heart issues, some thyroid and BP issues, bad arthritis, and a bit of scoliosis. We had a few scares, the chest pains that sent her to the Hospital in the summer of 2001(right after Ron had his 2 heart attacks, and double bypass surgery...in fact he was still in the hosp. when we got the call)  Mom did NOT have a heart attack, but tests showed that even though her heart muscle was that of a "30 year old" her coronary arteries were that of an "80 year old"  she had 5 bypasses, followed by infection in one of her leg incisions (where they grafted a vein from), and also followed by her passing out cause she was sent home on 2 BP meds and it lowered her BP too much (that's FL. medical care for you)  2 years later she a a polyp removed from her colon with pre-cancerous cells, they removed about a foot of bowel to protect her.  1 year later she went in for hernia repair and the doctor perforated her bowel, causing Peritonitis. (FL medical...she had a case for Malpractice, but didn't want to go through with it---I called Risk management and bitched as the doctor even told my mother she "was leaving for vacation right after mom's surgery"  {can you say RUSH?} ) As far as I know they never billed my mom's supplemental insurance or her for anything during that hospital stay. (the least they could do) It was after this that they moved back home to NJ near my sister, as my Dad pleaded with her, and wept, saying he was so scared when Mom was in the hospital, and there was no one down there for them. (we did try to tell them this before they moved)

ANYWAY...I am Blessed that she is still with us, and I do not get to see her nearly enough.
She is spending today with my sister and BIL. I send her - her card a small part of her gift in the mail. she called today to say how much she LOVED my card, and planned to save it as she did last year's. We'll be going up in a week or so.


I HOPE all of you have a wonderful day doing something you enjoy, with people you enjoy and love :)

I will be spending the day, clipping our grand dog, hubby will be in charge of the bath since I can't kneel, but I'll help. I'll be going into wally world for a couple of things, and Michael's to look for a particular MS edge punch LOL. Then hubs and I are going out to dinner nothing fancy.  The 3 places on the list are: Old Country buffet, Golden Corral, and Ruby Tuesdays (love their salad bar)

Here is the card I made for my Mom, Lenora(always called Lynn)

 this one is a bit blurry sorry
 Ahh, much better. 
Products used: STAMPIN' UP card stock Chocolate Chip, GEORGIA PACIFIC White card stock,
both printed papers are from PRIMA'S -Sparkling Spring 6 x 6 pad, SPELLBINDERS nestabilities die Labels 16, MARTHA STEWART double edge punch-"Doily Lace Trim", PRIMA flowers--Fairytale Roses-Orchid pack, STAMPIN' UP markers, Christmas red STICKLES, Diamond Glaze (on Mirror), Misc: Thread to sew the flower together, a heart shaped pink button, foam tape to elevate the image on top of another printing of that image, redline tape(powdered in between the petals), and a bit of glue to attach my flower.
Stamps: Digital stamp, "Momma's Hat" by MCMAHON 5 DESIGNS (bought especially for mom's card) sentiment--HAMPTON ART, designed by Elizabeth Wong. I also used the swirls and birds for the inside of the card
 close up of the 3D flower I made using a edge punch
 a better view, plus you can see all the other 3D
 a different view
 close up of the digi stamp, prima roses etc.
The inside, I thought about taking the picture too late, I had already written in it, but decided to anyway. The border punch you see here is the same used to make the flower, except once I attached the 2 strips (11") together, I cut it in half lengthwise, so it would have a flat bottom and sit on the card better.

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh, I HOPE you're going to take photos of the bath, Sue, I used to be a pet groomer, so I know how errrrr...fun it can be ;)

Wishing you and your mother many more years of love and good health.

DVArtist said...

I know how special your cards are in person. This is just wonderful.
Happy Mother's day to you
Hugs
Nicole/Beadwright

papertrails leaver said...

cute cute! Love all the 3-d on your card! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays for our anything goes challenge! :) Amy

Lynn Stevens said...

such a darling card!!!
hugs Lynn

Tameko said...

Lovely card. Nice colors and dimension. Thanks for joining Sentimental Sundays anything goes challenge.

Ann English said...

Very cute! Enjoy every moment with your mother. My mother died in January and though I knew the day was coming...well, there NEVER is enough time!
Thank you for joining us this week for our anniversary challenge. Don't forget the blog hop-opportunity for a prize!