Thursday, August 19, 2010

Alphabe-Thursday-Rainbow Summer School

today is Alphabe-Thursday and we are still in Rainbow Summer School over at Jenny Matlock's

This week's color is GREEN

Once there was a girl with green ears and green freckles.  She wore GREEN shoes and a dress with GREENSLEEVES. She lived on the "other side" where the GRASS WAS GREENER.  I could see her in her world, I do not know if she could see me or the GREEN-EYED LADY; my neighbor. Many of us had the extra sense, the power to see the other side. Some youngster's that were a LITTLE GREEN BEHIND THE EARS, caught glimpses here and there and had to be told what they were seeing--  "The Other Side". Indeed we often would just stand there and watch their world, where everything was a little bit GREENER.  It is said that those of us that could see the GREEN GREEN GRASS of HOME (the nickname for the "Other Side") is because our ancestors started over there, and then found a way to break through to this side; "Sun Green", as our sun is GREEN, not yellow like "The Other Side".  I always watched this girl with GREEN freckles, she fascinated me. I wish I knew her name. I think she was about 15, a few years younger than I.  I have heard the expression; "As long as you're green, you're growing. As soon as you're ripe, you start to rot. "  Would this happen to her, is that what happens on the other side? If her GREEN ears and GREEN freckles changed color, would she be dying?  I thought hard about this, and often.  I am not so sure why I was so intrigued with her alone. I have watched many of her kind in my glimpses into the GREEN GREEN GRASS of HOME.
Of Course, I think "Colorless green ideas sleep furiously" describes these thoughts of mine, and my daydreams.  I think for this girl and her kind, it is probably NOT EASY BEING GREEN.

 



check out all the GREEN over at Jenny's

13 comments:

Unknown said...

You were able to use so many green terms. This post is wonderful.

Lola said...

Such an usual take on green here. Am certain Mrs Matlock will award it starred A+!

Have a good weekend,

LOLA:)

btw My AlphabeThursday Green is posted if you can join me HERE!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Ahhh.. Kermit is one of my all time favorites...

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

Awh, what cute green post.

Unknown said...

how very clever...i smiled all the way through

RNSANE said...

I found this post quite enchanting and I, too, had Kermit in mine. I agree, it's probably not easy beng green.

My poetry book - Life's Journey by Carmen Henesy - is out on Amazon
( Poems about the things that have been important to me in my journey through life, some humorous, some sad, some that may have meaning to you as well )
http://www.amazon.com/Lifes-Journey-1-Carmen-Henesy/dp/1451547366/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274652997&sr=1-1

Teresa said...

How very interesting and creative!

Jo said...

I loved this green post ... really well done!!!

Terra said...

that was TOTALLY cool and I just love kermy

Lourie said...

I love the story of the girl with the green freckles. And that song is one of my faves.

H said...

What a clever post; very inventive.

Jenny said...

What a clever and very fun GREEN link to Rainbow Summer School.

I think you definitely used the most green terms of any link I've read yet!

This was quite a fun post.

Thank you for sharing it.

A+

PERMANENT POSIES said...

I green with envy over your green green grass of home post...ha. Loved it!