Sunday, September 12, 2010

Scrappy Sunday--some close-ups

ok so here are some close-ups of the scrapbook that I shared with you. My great-niece's sweet 16 party (5 years ago) (links to the posts with the full pages are at the end of this post)


This pom-pom fancy fiber looks great but is a PITA to work with, the pom-poms totally unravel while working with it. I was given over 2 yards, by the time I was done I had enough for the drape on the title page of the album, and about 16 inches left.
Hard to tell but the brads used on the title page are black velvet.

I know this is blurry, but I was trying to show that the brads through the double flowers are glitter brads.

Fancy pants designs chipboard flourishes I painted with the closest green I had in the house.

I Love these ticket letters by EK Success and also wanted to show that I used cat eye fluid chalk on the edges of the flowers.

See I actually used string on the Balloons.

Gotta love a good white gel pen!  all the balloons and the Party time were cut out on a cricut (at a crop, I do not own one)

Flower paper piecing made by a woman at the same crop, she went around and gave everyone a choice out of the bag...we were in the last section, not a lot left in the bag but this was cute, and it worked.

Chipboard "gift" by Bazzill, I used sharpies on it to match the paper, and the word gifts, is from those "older" alphabet punch out sheets.
The zoom in here is for the "sheetrock" tape I used and the bow, but another of the paper piecings from that lady (my friend gave me hers) on a journaling square.
Same 2 page layout, stickles on butterfly bodies, sheetrock tape, bows with fancy fiber and a metal tag that says journaling and organza ribbon.

close up of the pre-designed chipboard pieces from K & co. (I think) it was a huge stack. I wrote inside with Gel pen, see my design runner in action along side of it.
Again, use of my xyron design runner hand-held printer. I left a lot of little tags and chipboard pieces on this 2 page layout for her to journal on.
This is the center of the back page. (set up for her to list things, ie. who was present. how they got her there, what gifts she rec'd etc) I used these 2 great stamp sets from Autumn leaves. I put the big tag one in the center and used some of the flower/flourishes from the other set around it.  I used sharpies and stickles to color them in. 

here are the links to the posts with the full pages:
http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/2010/06/scrappy-sunday.html
http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/2010/07/scrappy-sunday-returnsgonna-try-very.html
http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/2010/08/scrappy-sunday.html

Hope you enjoyed this :)
Susan

No comments: