Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Tuesday treats, tips and Tales

Hello, here I am late on Tuesday, but at least I am here :)


First The treat(s) some for your eyes, and then a freebie image for you, for up coming Halloween.

These 2 arches are for a swap on ALTERED PAGES Yahoo group. ALTERED PAGES is listed in "my favorite places to empty my wallet" below on my sidebar. They sell Collage Sheets, Rubber stamps and other doo-dads. We needed to use an image off the "Beauty in Purple" Collage Sheet.
The template for this  Gothic Arch was supplied by a member of the group, it is higher and wider  then the Gothic Arches I usually make, but since I may make them into a book, I thought it be best to use the template that hopefully the other members decided to use.

 Above: "Divine Pageantry" (I do not know why it scanned crooked,ugh)
Ok, I used the same papers on both arches are three are mulberry papers--red, bright pink(less fibrous than the red) and royal blue with gold paint streaked on it in both directions. All from my stash.

On this arch, I used an ATC background from DEZINAWORLD (they are one my sidebar-I Love June's stuff) it is from a Halloween ATC sheet. I used Diamond glaze by JUDIKINS over the Celtic Cross on it. I cut it off the sheet I printed on White card stock with regular paper snips, but I did it in a slightly wavy fashion.
I chose the "Communion Gal" from the "Beauty in Purple" sheet, basically some of her flowers were a bit purplish. I chose to decorate all her flowers with FLOWER SOFT, and then I used Stickles by RANGER on her veil. The German Scrap around the edge is Royal Purple (not blue as it looks in the scan) by COLLAGE STUFF (also under "My fav places to empty my wallet") The word REJOICE is from another collage sheet by ALTERED PAGES, printed on parchment paper, but I ran my Cat eye Fluid chalk ink in Wisteria by COLORBOK over it.

Below: "Spirit of Love" (this one scanned straight-yea!)
I chose the "lying-down beauty" from the "Beauty in Purple" collage sheet, and she is definitely tinted purple. All the little printed out words are also from an ALTERED PAGES collage sheet. The Ouija Board tinted slightly purple is off a Halloween Collage Sheet from DEZINAWORLD.
I Used purple micro beads, and purple/lavendar mixture of other beads underneath the micro beads. I used a FABER-CASTELL Micro point marker, and the purple BIC Mark it. The German Scrap wing is from ARTCHIX STUDIOS (also in my fav spendy spots) It is silver, I colored it with the purple BIC Mark It, and then sanded it slightly

The phrases on it say:
"Cherish your soul, your memories, your family"
"Time to explore a Mystere journey"
"Imagine love after life after love"

and for another swap:

The theme is "In the Garden"  This is my take on that theme. All 3 horizontal ATCs use 7 Gypies' paper, the vertical ATC uses a random piece of garden type paper I add, it shows upward growing branches with faint script writing as a background. All the "Flower girls" are from a collage sheet by ARTCHIX STUDIOS, all the cut out phrases, words and definition are also from a collage sheet by ARTCHIX STUDIOS. The Red and Copper German scrap is from COLLAGE STUFF and the black German Scrap is from ALPHA STAMPS (also in my fav spendy list) The flourish stamp is by STAMPIN' UP and the embossing powder is Pirate Gold by STAMPENDOUS.  I am not sure which one I am going to keep for myself.

Here is a FREE treat for you:

This image was taken in a very old cemetery on Tilghman Island in Maryland slightly off-shore from St. Michael's.
We thought these initials were apropos, the inscription below the initials was worn smooth, we couldn't make anything out. It is a very small marker, approx. 14-15" across, and I would say about 12-13" above the ground. We think perhaps it is a grave of an infant or child, as there were MANY of them in this cemetery. {please credit me with the photo if you use it in your art. (©Susan Guzy 10-28-2008)}


No Tale today, as I am working on one for the Gypsy Dreams Blog Hop...
Button above on my side bar (9/10)

1 comment:

Toriz said...

Definately getting in to the Halloween spirit there, aren't you? Good for you! :)