Sunday, December 19, 2010

Days 16-19 of AishaOaktree's 21 days of YULE blog party

Each day for the next 3 days, I will be sharing  either some legends, myths, devotions, my own thoughts perhaps a recipe or 2 on my blog for Aisha's YULE Blog Party at By The Broomstick.
Please visit the other blogs that are participating(above)

PLEASE pick a number if you haven't already won something!!

I am still a newb, learning. Therefore any legend, myth, devotion etc. will be coming from someplace I read it, and I will be giving credit to the right people.

ADDITIONALLY, I have a small gift tree that has a some ornaments on it, but it also has 21 little gift bags or envelopes that are numbered 1-21.  Each day I will pick a winner from the comments for that day.  These giveaways are priced from $1-$5, and there are a few are like booby prizes...I am doing this FOR FUN!!

EASY RULES:
*be a follower
*tell me something about that day's post that means something to you, or touches you etc.
*list your name
*pick a number from 1-21*  (*each day obviously there will be numbers listed as OUT, it will be your responsibility to pay attention to each day's posts, to see the number that is no longer available)

Picture of gift tree not ready, will add asap, so sorry for this, I want to do it outside on my little table, but it has been too windy.
You can't see the gifts anyway, they are wrapped and in bags, or just there#s are in the bags or envelopes.   NO ONE from DAY ONE picked a #, so I asked hubby to pick one and I could take it out of the running...that # is the #11....so pick a number between 1-21 except for 11, 5, 7, 9, 21, 20,4, 16, 13.


Once again, no one chose a #, I did NOT pull any out

I only allow 24 hours per post for picking numbers, comments always accepted :), but picking a # must be in the first 24 hours after I post each day! additionally only 1 win per person during the 21 days. Thank you.
*****************************************************************************

A Celtic YULE BLESSING
From Patti Wigington, your Guide to Paganism / Wicca
The Celtic peoples understood the significance of the winter solstice - it meant colder times were still to come. It also meant weeks indoors with family and friends. As you meditate on this, consider how you will spend the coming weeks of cold and darkness.

Winters in the Celtic lands were harsh, and the people knew the significance of the solstice.
Image (c) David Toase/Getty Images
The food is put away for the winter,
the crops are set aside to feed us,
the cattle are come down from their fields,
and the sheep are in from the pasture.
The land is cold, the sea is stormy, the sky is gray.
The nights are dark, but we have our family,
kin and clan around the hearth,
staying warm in the midst of darkness,
our spirit and love a flame
a beacon burning brightly
in the night. 

An Elemental Blessing 
From Patti Wigington, your Guide to Paganism / Wicca
Earth, air, fire and water: four simple and basic elements, and yet so powerful. Call upon the energies of all four of them as you take a moment to meditate upon nature's gifts at Yule.
 In the middle of winter, it's hard to remember sometimes that light is coming back to earth. However, despite the gray, cloudy days, we know that soon, the sun will return. Keep this in mind during those dreary days when it seems winter will never end, by invoking the four classical elements.
 My yard February 2010

As the earth grows colder,
the winds blow faster,
the fire dwindles smaller,
and the rains fall harder,
let the light of the sun
find its way home.
 

1 comment:

A Hippie's Bookshelf said...

HI Susan, I like this because these passages help me when I am so blue or when the weather is not working with me. These verses remind me that everything is for a reason. The seasons all are precious and change for a reason. We survive because of that. Every moment we live it is spawning the next, either for us or for the next, like our children and their children. It is the simplest of things that can be so up lifting or letting us down, but we have to find the light in everything so that we can enjoy that particular gift, that moment. There will never be another moment exactly like this moment, so no matter how bad or how good, it is a moment to be treasured. Those words, those pictures impel and impress that very essence.

I am not very good at contests, I always seem to leave something out or just plain do it wrong. I might even be too late. If so, there's no problem. Anyway, for your contest I select #3

Thank you :)

Happy Holidays!

Cynthia
Wytching
The Wytch's Mirror
csescapes(at)gmail(dot)com