Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ten days of Thankfulness-Day 6

I am very thankful  that i and all family members have clothes on our back, and a few of us in surplus!!! LOL

I have lots and LOTS of scrubs, warm  up jackets etc for work, some of them were purchased brand new right before I got injured on the job, including a pair of never worn Rockers (work shoes) they were $79 ON SALE.  I have not been able to bring myself to getting rid of these wonderful clothes just yet, as I still hold out some hope that I might find a place that would hire me just per diem(That way, I can work, on good days..I get to pick), and I wouldn't have to transfer any patients. (Because I can't)

I am going to have to thin them out, and list at least some on Ebay and see how they do.

Amanda is  a clothes horse..nuff said there.
Tom has a decent amount of clothes though mostly all very similar.
Ron has some wonderful BN button down moleskin shirts I bought him several years back that he has never worn :(  he is such a tee shirt and jeans (and flannel shirt) guy  I hope he will surprise me and wear one of these nice tops to Amanda's for TG. they go with jeans, and he can have one of his tees on under neath if he gets too warm. (She has a 2nd floor apt, so with the oven on, it may get warm in there)

I have some decent dress clothes also, sadly a lot of them do not fit, as since becoming disabled I have put on about 65 lbs.  ::::someone please wire my jaw shut::::: LOL!

Blessings,
Susan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes thankful for these things is good. A real blessing. I watched on local TV tonight, they were collecting coats here in the UK for those who cant afford a coat this winter. They were encouraging us all to go through our wardrobes and to donate any we dont wear to the charity.
hugs June x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Susan I am so enjoying reading your thanks posts. Oh My Son had my Midwives uniform out the other day and laughed that I actually had fitted in it!! Also my dress from my 21st birthday which now would keep one leg warm. So With you on the jaw and wire situ. Thanks for sharing, Hazelxox

Sara a.k.a. Eternal Princess Ryan said...

Well I totally can relate to the clothes thing. But we MUST remember that no matter what size we are... the size of our heart is what matters most!!! Also... we are all good people on the inside, beautiful, strong, and intelligent!!!

Toriz said...

Yes; having clothes on your back is a good thing to be thankful for!