Saturday, February 20, 2010

OWOH gifts arriving...which have been a lifesaver...

the last several days, I have had severe pain in my right knee( the one that has not been replaced yet)  and one and off the back has been bad also...but the worst is that my dearest one--Ron is getting cabin fever (home for 3 weeks due to retina re-attachment surgery), and you put that together with his never-been-under-control-diabetes (mood swings)  and you get MR. GROUCHY and DR. A$$HOLE!  LOL  so  getting HAPPY MAIL has brightened my days...BIG thanks to:

*Lynn from Sidereal Day...for that BEAUTIFUL forest watercolor print!  SOOO can't wait to mat, frame and hang! ( arrived today) (hubby was even impressed, HA!!--maybe that will help him be less of a grouch for the rest of the weekend)
*Kathy from Bliss Spot...for goodie bag #1...with Ben Franklin's autobiography and journal and wish paers and other lovelies (arrived today)
*Paula from Yarny Yarns... for a very nice cable knit, fulled lined with wooden handles handbag!
(arrived on thursday)
*Nicole from Beadwright...for the gorgeous beaded and lined gourd bowl (soooo much prettier in real life)
(arrived Thursday)

In addition...I also rec'd my blog giveaway from Pat at Technique Trail... a wonderful stamped and paper pieced card made by pat, and a full plate of stamps from "I Brake For Stamps"  (Boudoir) Pat also enclosed a February 2010, technique junkies newsletter!  HOW WONDERFUL!!!

I have rec'd several ATCs for DAISY over the past 5 days also.  and 3 JAMS. (they will be put aside for a bit) as I have my own DAISY cards to make and at least 3 swaps that are due soon.

so, hubby can scratch it!  My mood has totally been uplifted by you all, and the Vicodin is helping with the pain.  and my "Pretty" always makes me smile...here she is rolling around in front of the very warm wood stove, her 2nd favorite place to lay. (her first favorite place is on me)  She is another reason I believe in Fate, I'll have to do an entire post on FATE in my life.
Hugs and blessings to everyone, have a great weekend!!

 



Oh I also wanted to share THIS (borrowed from Kathy at Bliss Spot):
Ben Franklin's 13 Virtues
  • 1. TEMPERANCE - Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  • 2. SILENCE - Speak not what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  • 3. ORDER - Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  • 4. RESOLUTION - Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  • 5. FRUGALITY - Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e. waste nothing.
  • 6. INDUSTRY - Lose no time; be always employ'd in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  • 7. SINCERITY - Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and if you speak, speak accordingly.
  • 8. JUSTICE - Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  • 9. MODERATION - Avoid extreams; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  • 10. CLEANLINESS - Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloaths or habitation.
  • 11. TRANQUILITY - Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  • 12. CHASTITY - Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or to the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  • 13. HUMILITY - Imitate Jesus and Socrates.   

2 comments:

Liz Revit said...

Ben Franklin was a wise man. Thanks for sharing.

DVArtist said...

Hang in Susan. Email me. You know I am here for you.

Nicole/Beadwright