Friday, March 12, 2010

Some OLDER works of Mine

I decided to help inspire me, I would look thru some of my older work (mostly cards and scrapbook layouts, only sharing a few cards today) all the cards shown below were made in 2006 and are copyrighted, no copying please!!

I hope you like this.  WRECK THIS JOURNAL *will* be back late this afternoon.

Ok some that I thought came out great and maybe not so great:

this is a 5 x 7 card.

the large "wings" are a an unknown fern type leaf.
the large "bodies" are the words forever and friend.
the little butterflies are small outline and solid hearts with an ambersand and an exclamation point body. (all of these stamps are "my sentiments exactly")

I doodle with a sakura gelly roll glaze pen.
the SU sentiment is raised on 3D foam tape.

I do not know the brand of ribbon, but it was purchased at Tuesday Morning.

blossoms & swirls Bkgd and Time with You image rec'd as a  rak.
Prismacolor pencils, Prismacolor blending pencil,
sea sponge
taken with teal, almost amethyst ink
Ribbon, brads, butterfly charm
sentiment from "sweet of you"


I rec' the dragon image (stamped in blk on white) as a rak. I colored it with prismacolor pencils and a prismacolor blending pencil.
I then burnt the edges of the paper.
then covered the whole thing in versamark, and then Kaliedescope EP from stampendous. Heat embossed it, TADA!! magical dragon. I made a tag from the tag set and attached it, it is "old brocade" looking one that says "for you"
The card base is a premade one from DCWV.   I made this card for my son, after he moved out  as he loves dragons and such :)


My first attempt at Fossil Stone, and  I used velvet ribbon.
I used Baroque Burgundy and Forest Foliage ink for the fossil Stone, then embossed gold the Holiday print on top of that.
the flower at the bottom is a porcelain button.  No matter what angle I tried to photo this card it was glary and scanning was worse, it really is a beautiful card.

I did the true crumpling of the burgundy ...soaked it first with water, then crumpled, and then dried it out by the wood stove :D.
The background paper is torn. The burgundy piece is on 3D tape, then the deer is on 3D tape on top of the burgundy.
Club scrap antique brads on the burgundy and striped piece. Fleur brads--source unknown.
stitched Thyme ribbon. The greeting ( from ornamassortment) is also raised on 3D tape.

A challenge to use as many flowers as possible. well this was as many as I was comfortable using. Flowered Bkgd. paper, daisy stamped and elevated on 3D tape and a couple of primas. The bee is also elevated. It is not as I envisioned it, oh well.


These next 2 cards were for a challenge to do "elegant...think Anna Griffin":
 
challenge to work outside of our own comfort zone...mine is elegant, I do NOT do elegant, but I think I pulled it off here!

the silver embossed swirls on vellum are the swirl stamp from "In the Sky".


ok, so I do NOT do elegant...like Anna Griffin.
It is so difficult for me that it took me days even to think of something. LOL

anyway, fine lace background in so saffron, card is morning marigold, Castle is stamped in gold encore and clear embossed on burgundy. Then i smooshed the embossing pad on the bkgd, like to make a frame around the castle and embossed that with gold, glued down the castle and added the gold metallic ribbon.


The vellum "Bodice" is embossed with winter white,
The lower part of the dress is embossed with Sterling silver.

this is a flat scan. I have other pictures with the card standing.

  
The original sketch was horizontal, I flipped it to vertical.

The Hat and cut out snowflakes are on pop-dots.

the stickles "icicle" made the ink underneath run...that's the first time I've ever seen that.

I have made some cards since (obviously)  and of course make my own Christmas cards every year. However I do not make nearly enough cards considering the stamp collections I own fills a  small room!  :)  I hope you have enjoyed this peek into my past creations.

4 comments:

The Princess said...

I love the deer and your mythical beast. Great color choices for them. Shame you gave the one to your son - I would have soooooo swapped for that one. =)

Gracie "Neky White" said...

I want to tell you that you're my nominee for an "sunshine award", please come to see this post and decide if you want to pass it on to somebody .THANK YOU!! XD
http://rey-gato.blogspot.com/2010/03/bla-bla.html

Janee said...

Wow, ... every one of your creations is so fun and colorful! I love your "Style"!
LOL
:)
So glad you visited my blog Sharon, you have a beautiful blog.

~Janee
(Blinkles Boulevard)

DVArtist said...

Hi Susan, first off thank you so much for all you well wishes for me. I am feeling better. Now I have been gone a week to find some changes on your blog. It looks fantastic!!!
Nicole/Beadwright