Monday, August 8, 2011

SMUDGEFEST DAY 7 -SYNONYMOUS SUNDAY

Welcome to the 7th and last day of SMUDGEFEST!!

Today's challenge was an easy one...use a BRAND NEW digi image by SMEARED INK that they supplied to us FREE...
please make the acquaintance of CALYPSO the rat:

IMAGE removed, due to lack of watermark.

I knew RIGHT AWAY, what I was going to do with him. (which is sad...I have been spending too much time with the SnS gang I think, LOL)  But once again I was having a very bad day with my back and my knee.  Plus I was trying also to finish my Vincent Price piece for Macabre monday at Haunted Design House (my first...hopefully not my last)

Anyway here is what I did to poor Calypso:


Relatively simple, until my black prismacolor pencil  totally died(the damn thing kept breaking even during sharpening...I an guessing it was broken up inside)
Card stock by STAMPIN" UP, Color Pencils- PRISMACOLOR and  blending pencil.
scraps of MARTHA STEWART paper. Rat digi by SMEARED INK. Sentiment Digi by MELJEN DESIGNS and my own. (thin sharpie)
Cinnamon and Christmas red Stickles by RANGER

I am entering this in:
For Fun Challenges ...Anthing goes
Little Red Wagon ...put a critter on it
Crafts n Me ...anything goes
Inspire me Fridays ...anything goes
Raise the Bar ...anything goes
Stamp Something ...use a digi
Dare to be Sassy Thursdays ...Sentiment on front

Sweet Stamps ... HOT summer
Clear it out ...Summer
Paper Take Weekly ...anything goes
Cards for Men ...CAS
Tuesday Throwdown ...Summertime
Moving Along With the Times ...non-square items
Forever Night Freaky Friday ...good OR evil
Digis With Attitude ...anything goes
Wags n Whiskers ...sparkle
Crafty Anne's Challenge ...summertime
Frosted Designs ...color an image
Creative Inspirations ...summertime
Catch the Bug Challenges ...anything goes
 

18 comments:

aqualeiga said...

LOL! Remind me not to eat annything if I ever come to one of your BBQs!!!!!!!!!!

What can I say, I've honestly never seen a card like it.....I do know some folks who would love to receive it though!

Thanks for joining FOR FUN this week.

Hugs, Ali x

Laura B said...

Awesome creation! Poor little Calypso.;)

Nannieflash said...

fabulous image and a gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

Lydia said...

Wow....what a funny take for this card! lol....thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs.
Lydia

Sarah said...

Oh no, poor Calypso! Fab funny card, thank you for joining us at Cards for Men for our Clean & Simple challenge, good luck x

Benzi said...

Oh no, poor little guy. I bet he wishes he was not invited to the BBQ. :-)Well, a barbeque is certainly a summertime theme. So glad you joined Tuesday Throwdown this week.

Toriz said...

That must have been really annoying about the pencil.

Good luck with all the contests you're entering this - and all your other cards - in! :)

Lisa said...

Haha, what a funny card! Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Lisa Jane said...

oh lol.. made me chuckle
Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Min said...

Susan - I was laughing as soon as I saw this - reminds me of the winter we had a mouse family build their home in our grill! Too funny!
Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Маги said...

Lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations and good luck.
Maggie x

Маги said...

This is so cute card!Adorable image.
Maggie

Ann Whitfield said...

Great card, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Julie said...

Oh no, is that like Rat On A Stick? Thanks for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs
Hugs,
julie

Angela said...

bad luck on the pencil!!!! what a great card!!! wonder what they taste like!!. Thanks for playing along at Frosted Designs this week xxx

Jamie Phillips said...

I think that would classify as evil, poor guy lol, Thanks for joining us at Forever Night Challenges "Good & Evil" Challenge. ~Jamie

Lola said...

LOL! Poor little guy. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Catch the Bug!

Thanh Vo said...

Deranged and funny! I like it. lol Thanks for joining us at Raise the Bar in our anything goes challenge.