Friday, November 11, 2011

Remembering our Veterans!


Freedom is not Free
by Ashley Persyn
 
There is a price we pay for freedom
For it is not truly free
But rather paid for by the contributions of veterans
To buy our liberty
 
As their blood drains from their body and runs like a river through the grass
Over the years it's forgotten, war is placed in our past
I don't think we all realize the importance veterans play
as they voluntarily serve America each and every day
 
We should honor the veterans for they act like a shield
Protecting us from danger, keeping America healed.
So if you would take a second to commemorate
You will instantly see
We owe veterans our gratitude
For they are the reason we are free 



I am very proud to know my Father was a veteran, that my Uncle was a veteran, my Late Brother-in-law, my step son and my husband are all Veterans. I do not believe we need 6 degrees of separation to find a veteran that is somehow in our lives. PLEASE remember them today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tribute, Susan and such a long line of heroes in your family. Blessings to all. Mina

Victoria said...

Beautiful post!
victoria

KristyLee said...

Susan, I really like this post and I borrowed it and posted it on my blog too. I hope you dont mind? I think it's a great post and I wanted to share.
Peace,
KristyLee

Toriz said...

Beautiful tribute!

Arts by Sara said...

Awesome post and thank you for sharing about your family!!! Hugs... Eternal Princess Ryan