Friday, July 30, 2010

5?Friday--be kind-rewind!

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then c'mon back to link up (tomorrow)! If you don't have a blog (or already wrote a post), but would like to play along, feel free to leave your answers in the comments below!

Questions for Friday, July 30th: (Special thanks to Julianne, Ann (for inspiration), Jill, Bethany, and Tiffany for their question suggestions! We had some great ones roll in last week, thank you!!! If you want to be linked in a future 5QF, head on over here, to my community, and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. Did you have a favorite blanket or toy as a kid? If so, do you still have it?

2. Do you dream in color?

3. How tall are you? Do you wish you were shorter or taller?

4. If you could have anyone's (celeb or other) voice as the guide on your GPS, who would it be?

5. Do you return your shopping cart to the corral or leave it wherever in the parking lot?

**********************************************************************************
1. Did you have a favorite blanket or toy as a kid? If so, do you still have it?  EDITed to add: as a baby/toddler I did have a blue terry cloth stuffed rabbit (it was the only one I was allowed to have--long story about asthma and what things were stuffed with back then) It was eventually thrown out by my mom, due to all the terry being worn off, the eyes were gone, and the nose was faded and one of the ears was badly damaged.
I had several favorites, and NO I do not have any of them...paper doll collection (which now I am kicking myself about not having) Spirograph and Super Spirograph, all my Color-forms,my Drowsy doll...which I have seen recently on someone else's blog with their child...so either it is a vintage one and in great shape, or they still make it.  Legos and Barbies!!  lots of favorites...oh I also had a pretzel factory that I made real pretzels with, and one of those melty pot things for flowers and bugs...forget what it is called.

2. Do you dream in color? Most of the time, yes.

3. How tall are you? Do you wish you were shorter or taller? I was 5' 3 1/4" almost all my adult life, I have found recently that I have lost a 1/2" already. (due to the disk issues in my neck and low back. yes I would love to be a bit taller, maybe 2-3 inches.

4. If you could have anyone's (celeb or other) voice as the guide on your GPS, who would it be? SAM ELLIOT or SEAN CONNERY...no hesitation whatsoever!!

5. Do you return your shopping cart to the corral or leave it wherever in the parking lot?  I always, ALWAYS return my cart. At the supermarket they have the quarter thing, so you have to. but I do it anyway (with the exception of a torrential downpour, but I am not usually out and about in bad weather) If it was a long food shopping trip, either someone else would be doing it for me, or I'd be in one of those electric carts...and I always grab a cart near my car, instead of taking one from inside, and if I am going into the store for just a few items or less...I grab a cart from the parking lot anyway, and put it inside for them.  kind of like renting VHS tapes...Be kind and rewind!
Find lots of other cool answers at Mama M's and 5 Crooked halos

 

2 comments:

Helen’s cafe guide said...

hi susan, just found your blog via my mothers blog (Dorothy form lavendar and old lace)
its lovely to read so much about you. i particularly loved the card to your enlisted son beautiful.

Kath' said...

Loved your anwsers on the 5 question game. Sam Elliot is a good one. I dont know why I didnt think of him. He is one of my all time favorite voices. Him and Andy Garcia. Have a wonderful day. Kath' at www.lilbitoldlilbitnew.blogspot.com