Friday, July 16, 2010

5?Friday-- many scars

Rules for Five Question Friday: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then c'mon back to link up! If you don't have a blog but would like to play along, feel free to leave your answers in the comments of this blog, or any blog along the way!

Questions for Friday, July 16th: (Thanks to Cristy, Renee, Emily, Maryanne, and my Belle [from her vlog debut] for your question suggestions! Want to be linked in a future 5QF? C'monover to my community and offer up your best question suggestions!)

1. Do you collect anything?

2. Name 3 celebrities that you find good looking.

3. Do you have any scars? If so, what's the story behind it (them?)?

4. What is a food that you like to eat, but others might think it's gross or weird?

5. Have you ever seen a tornado in real life?

--------------------------------------------------------
 FIVE QUESTION FRIDAY is brought to you by:  Mama M of 5 crooked halo's
read other's fine answers there also :)
 
1. Do you collect anything?
LMAO!!!  OMG-- does a Bear live in the woods?  first, let me say I legitimately collect THIMBLES from places that OTHER people (and me occasionally) go. I also collect PENGUINS, I especially like porcelain, crystal and snow globes.  NOW for the reason I am laughing-- I am a scrapbooker, a stamper, cardmaker and mixed media artist. bearing that in mind, my family especially the hubster will tell you I collect JUNK, Little scrapes of paper, Crap-as-in-you-can't-spell-SCRAP-without-Crap!  This often causes discord, HOWEVER, with a 14 room house (not counting bathrooms) you would think he'd HELP me (I am disabled) to make one of these rooms into a well organized studio or craft room, and he has been saying for 3 years he'd help me make the 2nd kitchen into my crafty room...but the builder was CRAP and the cabinets are slowly falling off the wall...we already lost one, he salvaged the next one, and he and my son keep promising me that they are going to reattach them all so I get in there, and clean out what is not already empty (from late MIL) and start organizing my stuff in there.  (I also collect surgeries, lol...see below)

2. Name 3 celebrities that you find good looking.
this one is EASY!!!!  I have had a lifelong crush on SAM ELLIOT, I have many, but only listing 2 others: Harrison Ford, Richard Gere...NO, I can't do it!! so that is 3 living Americans. Here are 3 Dead American's: Rock Hudson, Clark Cable, Paul Newman 3 Foreign Actors: Daniel Day Lewis, Sean Connery, Sean Bean and 3 dead foreign actors: Heath Ledger, Fernando llamas, Desi Arnez  (these last 2 are good looking, but I was finding a very hard time locating a good list...so there may be others that I like better, but I am drawing a blank)

3. Do you have any scars? If so, what's the story behind it (them?)?
LOTS and LOTS of surgical scars, and a few that are non-surgical...the 2 most obvious are my left knee replacement, and my left wrist which was damaged on the job and then ended up with MRSA in the surgical/grafting site...so I ended up losing 3 wrist bones, a handful of ligaments, some muscle, and also have permanent nerve damage. The main suture site was opened a total of 4 times.  Initial ligament graft, first I&D(also removed pins) 2nd I&D (also removed the bones and placed inside as a bracelet around my wrist antibiotic beads)  the removal of the beads and a "look see"  (I have had 17 surgeries so far in my lifetime...I just turned 50)

4. What is a food that you like to eat, but others might think it's gross or weird?  easy... Liver and onions (and bacon and mashed potatoes and creamed corn---a fav. meal)

5. Have you ever seen a tornado in real life?
  NO, but I have been in Hurricanes.


2 comments:

Eve said...

Eeww... liver and onions? Ok. You've got me there. I will try almost anything, but I just can't bring myself to go there! ;)

grandmalee said...

I concur with Eve about the liver & onions! It was one of my mom's favorite meals too. What a mistake for anyone to ask about our scars, surgery or otherwise. I swear the scars are the only thing holding my body together!

I see you also get the " craft crap" moaning. I guess that's why my hubby is an ex! LOL Ex would say that at least he could sell his stuff and make money off of it until I tried to sell some of his crap at a yard sale & none of it went. The next sale he blamed it on the economy, but he still couldn't keep his trap shut about my stuff!

Anyhoo, I'm now alone living in a one-bedroom aprtment and LOVING IT!!!!! I don't have to put stuff away to please anyone but myself now. I don't have to listen to others constantly whinning about my stuff, but yet they have more stuff than BP has tar balls! I'm not saying to divorce them all, but if they want to see what happens to creative people when they can't create anymore, tell them to visit a mental ward.

Men generally like it as long as you can cater to all of their needs, but when it's reversed it's not a pretty site. The last time I went on strike I definately got my point across! They tend to forget that they walk on the floors that you swept, eat the food that you cooked off of the dishes that you washed, look out the windows you always used to clean, sleep in the clean bed sheets, dry off with towels that you washed and on and on. It's OK for us to do all of this AND work full time, but ask for some help and they go balistic!

It's tough when it would only take them a couple days to do something that would make things so much better for everyone involved. You'd be happy in your own little world and they wouldn't have to look at it! I can figure this out and I'm not even a rocket scientist!!! When I first became totally disabled after trying to ignore all of my symptoms for years, I literally went to bed for a couple years! How would your family cope with that? After I got my pain pump installed, I could actually function again, but I tried to do things I hadn't been able to do for years and ended up making things worse again. I would highly recommend that they do something before everyone snaps at the same time. It's not a pretty site! AT least you have the blog to blow off some steam. I know what it's like to live without a car and have to depend on others all of the time to go anywhere. It's tough, but we have to learn how to cope with these issues all of the time. Unfortunately, when others become more of an obstacle than they are a support, you may need to cut ties for awhile. I've been lucky that my kids have never moved back in with me (mainly because I would've never allowed it without a written contract and rent!). I know that I sound like a b**ch, but I'm pleased with how my kids turned out because of it. Each person has their own way to learn how to deal with stress, and it's obvious who causes most of yours!

If your family doesn't want to move the stuff for you, see if they are willing to go make some extra money so you can hire someone to do it for you. Money talks!!!! They haven't accepted the fact that you are physically unable to do it. It's not like you are just lazy! Tell 'em to grow up and act like real men! It's about time they treated you to some peace for once! Good luck...I know you'll need it!