Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 6 of AishaOaktree's 21 days of YULE blog party

Each day for the next 15 days, I will be sharing  either some legends, myths, devotions, my own thoughts perhaps a recipe or 2 on my blog for Aisha's YULE Blog Party at By The Broomstick.
Please visit the other blogs that are participating(above)


I am still a newb, learning. Therefore any legend, myth, devotion etc. will be coming from someplace I read it, and I will be giving credit to the right people.

ADDITIONALLY, I have a small gift tree that has a some ornaments on it, but it also has 21 little gift bags or envelopes that are numbered 1-21.  Each day I will pick a winner from the comments for that day.  These giveaways are priced from $1-$5, and there are a few are like booby prizes...I am doing this FOR FUN!!

EASY RULES:
*be a follower
*tell me something about that day's post that means something to you, or touches you etc.
*list your name
*pick a number from 1-21*  (*each day obviously there will be numbers listed as OUT, it will be your responsibility to pay attention to each day's posts, to see the number that is no longer available)

Picture of gift tree not ready, will add asap
You can't see the gifts anyway, they are wrapped and in bags, or just there#s are in the bags or envelopes.   NO ONE from DAY ONE picked a #, so I asked hubby to pick one and I could take it out of the running...that # is the #11....so pick a number between 1-21 except for 11, 5, 7, 9 & 21.

Yesterday's winner was "the Princess" who picked #21

I only allow 24 hours per post for picking numbers, comments always accepted :), but picking a # must be in the first 24 hours after I post each day!
*****************************************************************************
Prayer to the Winter Goddess

From Patti Wigington, your Guide to Paganism / Wicca
Take a moment to embrace the chilly, icy weather of winter as Yule approaches. As you meditate on this devotional, take a moment to reflect upon the positive aspects of this dark season. 
Despite the fact that some people hate cold weather, it does have its advantages. After all, a good cold day gives us an opportunity to cuddle up indoors with the people we love the most. 
Welcome the ice and snow of winter!
Image (c) Cornelia Doerr/Getty Images


O! Mighty goddess, in silvery ice,
watching over us as we sleep,
a layer of shining white,
covering the earth each night,
frost on the world and in the soul,
we thank you for visiting us.
Because of you, we seek warmth
in the comfort of our homes and hearths.
 Go here for a free cookie recipe booklet (e book)
 MAGICAL gifts to make and give:


2 comments:

syeds said...

I am really impress by your work, your advice is helping me.



Letter Templates

Susan said...

No # picking allowed for this post any longer, comments still welcome. Hubby picked #20..now out.
Susan