Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 10 of AishaOaktree's 21 days of YULE blog party

Each day for the next 11 days, I will be sharing  either some legends, myths, devotions, my own thoughts perhaps a recipe or 2 on my blog for Aisha's YULE Blog Party at By The Broomstick.
Please visit the other blogs that are participating(above)


I am still a newb, learning. Therefore any legend, myth, devotion etc. will be coming from someplace I read it, and I will be giving credit to the right people.

ADDITIONALLY, I have a small gift tree that has a some ornaments on it, but it also has 21 little gift bags or envelopes that are numbered 1-21.  Each day I will pick a winner from the comments for that day.  These giveaways are priced from $1-$5, and there are a few are like booby prizes...I am doing this FOR FUN!!

EASY RULES:
*be a follower
*tell me something about that day's post that means something to you, or touches you etc.
*list your name
*pick a number from 1-21*  (*each day obviously there will be numbers listed as OUT, it will be your responsibility to pay attention to each day's posts, to see the number that is no longer available)

Picture of gift tree not ready, will add asap, so sorry for this, i want to do it outside on my little table, but it has been too windy.
You can't see the gifts anyway, they are wrapped and in bags, or just there#s are in the bags or envelopes.   NO ONE from DAY ONE picked a #, so I asked hubby to pick one and I could take it out of the running...that # is the #11....so pick a number between 1-21 except for 11, 5, 7, 9, 21, 20,4 & 16.

no number picked yesterday...today I will NOT pull one out.

I only allow 24 hours per post for picking numbers, comments always accepted :), but picking a # must be in the first 24 hours after I post each day! additionally only 1 win per person during the 21 days. Thank you.
*****************************************************************************
  A Prayer for the Beginning of Winter
From Patti Wigington, your Guide to Paganism / Wicca
Take a moment to honor the changes of the season -- even if it's cold and windy! Despite the fact that it's dark and gloomy, this is a necessary part of the ongoing cycle of life, death and rebirth. As you meditate upon this devotional, consider the benefits to the long, cold nights to come. 
In early winter, we can see the skies becoming overcast, and smell fresh snow in the air. Take a few minutes to think about the fact that even if the skies are cold and dark, it's only temporary.

The skies have turned gray, the air is cold, and winter is near.
Image (c) Getty Images
See the gray skies overhead, preparing the way
for the darkness soon to come.
See the gray skies overhead, preparing the way,
for the world to go cold and lifeless.
See the gray skies overhead, preparing the way
for the longest night of the year.
See the gray skies overhead, preparing the way
for the sun to one day return,
bringing with it light.

3 comments:

Aisha @The Bewitching Bibliophile said...

15 if that's gone then 18 loved the poem very nice devotion.
thanks for sharing
BB

DVArtist said...

Hi Susan, Your blog looks wonderful. Please head over to my blog to get ready for this years OWOH. It is the last year Lisa will host it.
Nicole/Beadwright

DVArtist said...

Hi susan,
I am not sure if I am suppose to pick the number here??? But I pick # 13.
Thanks so much
Nicole/Beadwright