Thursday, September 23, 2010

Altered Art Thursday

This week I have a few things to share with you.

First Here are my Cemetery/grave ATC's for a swap on The Sum of All ATCs (yahoo group)
They open, this is the fronts, the gravestone is a real one I photographed on Tilghman Island in Maryland. It is very worn, but you can make out the name of William  _.  Faulkner. I used the same photo on the back, but actually reversed it so it reads backwards. I loaded the top of the gravestone, and the connecting piece of granite with Glow-in-the-dark Mod Podge. (on the back also) I cut the "beware" from some Martha Stewart paper and put a couple of coats of the GITD MP on that as well before attaching it to the gravestone. I then used Ranger crackle distress paint in Fired Brick
heavily and allowed it to drip for a bit before laying them down to dry, as to appear to be Blood.
here is the inside of 2, the red and black paper is the other side of the Beware paper by Martha Stewart.  I used my old Sizzix to punch out some Ghosts on white card stock. I then used  some Ranger Crackle Distress Paint in Old Paper to cover the ghosts, so they are not so white and so they would crackle and look old. After they were dry, I put a couple of LIGHT coats of the GITD MP just smearing it on to give it a more "un-defined" line.  The Children images come from a few different collage sheets, one I have no idea where it came from as there is no company name on it, and the other is from ARTchix. The same with the wings. The words all come from the "dark words" or "Poe's words" collage sheets by AlphaStamps.  I used a gold paint pen on them. Then, i covered them in a somewhat heavy coat of Ranger Crackle Clear paint.
The swap is a 3/3 swap, the last one I kept for myself.


HERE are  6 X 6 Summer/Beach Quote boards for a swap I am hosting on the same Yahoo group:

This one is called "As a Boy" I used lots of scraps on this one, the frame border was cut from some old paper by ProvoCraft, the striped Bkgd. paper is from Graphic 45, the paper I abstractly cut the sun from is by Stampin Up, The image of the boy, I am not sure where I got it. The blue water scraps were cut from a larger scrap of paper that will be revisited in the post. The 2 fish are from a scrap of old wall paper. I then used Ranger stickles, both distress and regular and tiny sea shells for the border. The seam binding is from AlphaStamps attached with my EK Success Fastenator.The Quote is by Isaac Newton.

This is "Feel Comfortable" The bkgd. and all images except for the Dupont Nylon Ad are Graphic 45. the bottom border is self stick fleece, I do not remember the brand, the other 2 types of Black german scrap used are from ARTchix, however you can not see the top one with is small loops. The 2 bathing suit quotes I used are by Esther Williams, and Erma Bombeck.

Lastly we have "Seashore Shells". The blue watery looking bkgd. paper, I do not remember the manufacturer. The golden borders are from a scalloped pad by Die Cuts with a View.  The girl holding a shell and the bluish shells around here are from a chunk of paper rec'd as a rak, I do not know the name of the manufacturer, after cutting the shells, Girl, and the Long beach CA sign, I used the scraps of blue for the water on "As a Boy".  The top shell on a piece of paper, is actually a sticker by Cavallini & Co. the 2 foil shells were made by Danise Bower on the group, I colored them with sharpies and attached with 3D foam bits. The seam binding is from AlphaStamps. The quote is the famous English Tongue Twister "she sells sea shells by the seashore".

Thanks for looking.
:) Susan

2 comments:

DVArtist said...

I love everthing. The grave stones are my fave!
Nicole/Beadwright

Cat Wisdom 101 said...

Wow, this is really imaginative but too many hoops to jump through for my ADD brain, so it's back on the broomstick for me...