Friday, September 10, 2010

Some Halloween cards for OWH

I made 12 Halloween cards for OWH, that were like a set, and then one odd one. (the witch I showed last week)

The ones that are like a set, are 6 using orange and 6 using purple Card Stock. the main cards are made from black Card Stock. 
 I used the steps corner punch and bent the corners back. I used a sizzix ghost and some epoxy stickers on each. All stamps are by Stampin' Up.  Black ink in Memento tuxedo black. Orange and Purple ink by Stampin' up. Images colored in with Sharpies. I also stamped a "Bingo" on each card. One the orange cards I used a purple bat stamp as the "Bingo dauber" and the purple cards I used an Orange wrapped candy stamp.


All the cards here were made the same way, just with different stamps, and bkgd. colors. They all also have one of  Jenni Bowlin's Holiday mini bingo cards.  the main color of them is kind of creamy light beige. SO I used "Old Paper" distress ink on my white paper before stamping the image on them. I them crumbled them up in my hand, scrubbed the sides with  a nail buffer (file) and then inked them with a sharpie.  For the green frames around both sets of images I used my deckle edge Rectangles Nestabilities both a large and a smaller size, one to cut one to emboss, which I did twice, it gave it a framed, and distressed look. I then inked the frames with the tuxedo black ink.  As you can see, using the "old Paper" distress ink on pure white paper made them the same color as Bowlin's bingo minis :)! These cards fulfill the September challenge over at Sir Stampalot's for distressing.(made on Sept. 1 mailed on the 2nd)
I really like how they came out, and wish I bought a couple more packs of the bingo minis, I would have made more cards!

7 comments:

Tracy said...

fabulous, Thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

brenda said...

Hi again Susan

A great Halloween card, the colours are so vibrant yet totally traditional for the theme.

Thank you for sharing with us at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

pinky said...

Very cool and spooky, love the little bingo cards. Thanks for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Sally H said...

What fun cards with lovely distressing! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Unknown said...

You are so good at making cards! I love them all! Following you back :)
Frenchy

Francesca said...

A wonderful Creation , love the distressing.
Thanks for joining us this month at Sir Stampalot and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

Linapyssel said...

Spooky cute cards in haloween theme..great entery!
Good luck and thank you for sharing at Sir Stampalot this month!
Lina xx