Thursday, January 27, 2011

1:30 am, 4 inches and counting...

at last check on the weather channel, many,many hours ago 6-8" were expected...again.

 Amanda made it home OK, Tom lied to us about there being snow in Philly this am, and early afternoon (which is when the POLICE out there said he should have left if he wanted to get home safely)  We called him, caught him the lie, and more, told him we spoke to the Police precinct 1.5 miles from his location...they got  about 2" of snow in the am yesterday and then it was washed away by rain and sleet and was slush, but the temp. was dropping and they were expecting 8", this was at 6pm, we told him to leave then, and Ron told him he better be here by 10pm, well he didn't answer his cell after hanging up on us a couple of times (mad at us for catching him in a lie...he's in our only running vehicle right now)

He is STILL not home, and not answering his cell. I am pissed AND nervous! (3:20am)

anyway, here are some pics I took out the porch door at 1:30am (Kodak easy share, and outside flood light only)

 Wind chimes

 Little wild evergreen bush just off the porch
 Under the tarp--Snow Blower, Wheel Barrow that we bring wood down from the barn in, semi-sheilded by being parked under one of our large Spruce trees
Snow shovel handle, right outside the door




9 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful pix, our snow is almost gone, but more may be here the first of the week.

craftieodmae said...

Oh please keep that snow, I have had enough LOL, I hate winter and so ready for Spring,“Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you” , super blog.

DVArtist said...

I do NOT miss the snow at all. Lived too many years in snow country. Now I have rain. All I want is sunshine. LOL Hope your son makes it home.

Nicole/Beadwright

char52 said...

Love the pictures... Hope he made it home okay... My poor unemployed 25 year old son was to use my car for a job interview in NYC today. I told him to reschedule.. We are not dug out and NYC got more snow than us.

FairfieldHouse said...

We had some wicked winds howling, snow and hail accompanied with thunder and lightning. Crazy cold. Your photos are beautiful but I hope you were able to catch up on your sleep and that Tom made it home safely. The worries of motherhood never end regardless of your son's age.

Your Friend,
Deborah

brandi said...

~every reason to bit a wee bit nervous and bothered...i am thinking only good thoughts that he did in fact arrive home safely as well...i love your night snow pictures...i wish we had a dusting or two...much love light and warm blessings~

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Oh dear, hope he gets home ok...

To put a little perspective on it, we get storms like that several times a month out here, but we are prepared for them and expect them.

I used to live near Philadelphia and remember how bad it got during the storms...

Wendy said...

I SO want some winter weather here, Susan, it's not fair ;) I have windchimes and I never imagined them in snow and looking so beautiful. I really loved that image.

Linda said...

Hi Susan!

Thanks for Thanking my daughter Tara and her husband Derrick for their service! I am making a shadow box for my Dads BD with some of his WW11 photos etc. I will post it on my blog when it is finished. Still waiting for some of the stripes etc I bought off Etsy to finally arrive. As for the snow you can keep it we have had the terrible cold here!
Tell me more about the Operation Write Home too please.
charmedvictorian @gmail dot com
Best Wishes,
Linda